Because replacing windows and doors is such a costly and time-consuming process, most homeowners only undertake it once or twice in their lives. It’s natural to be curious about — or forget about — what happens during the window replacement procedure. To make the process easier, you can contact a windows replacement company.
Here’s a rundown of what your windows replacement service will include.
On the first day of your window replacement
- If you can work from home or take time off from work, do so. If you work from home, ask if the staff can start with that room so you can get back to work. If they have questions, be within calling distance, but don’t hover.
- Meet the project manager and walk through the house, inspecting each window. This is your opportunity to catch any faults committed by the window company while ordering your windows.
- Installers will bring in windows while another group will remove them. Walk around the house on your own to make sure the installers have properly placed down drop cloths. Dust barriers may be installed inside, however, this is not necessary because window installation does not produce much dust.
- Installation continues as removal continues. The window sash weights’ ropes are severed. The window pocket’s weights fall to the bottom. New windows are installed and shims are used to level them. It’s fastened into place with the window level.
- If you’re keeping the old windows for yourself, it’s a good idea to move them away from the installers’ workspace.
- The window installers will remove and replace windows. Although supervision is not required, it is always a good idea to check in with the project manager.
You should expect 10 to 12 windows to be removed and replaced by the end of the day, depending on the size of the installation crew.
There should be no tools remaining in your home. The rooms should also be clean and the old windows have been removed.
Many windows and doors installation jobs can be finished in a single day. Work may have to be carried out on a second day if this is not done. In most average-sized houses, the window installation process is completed on the second day, with little need for a third. Indeed, all these are some of the basics that a windows replacement service should include.